Students volunteering as an LSC with PVLA manage all aspects of the pro bono application and assignment process for cases that are assigned to them, and are expected to familiarize themselves with areas of law implicated in client requests. Typical LSC duties include:
- Conducting initial client intake to determine eligibility for pro bono services and category of pro bono service needed based on outlined PVLA policies and procedures;
- Serving as the primary point of contact for clients and attorneys on assigned cases, monitoring, recording and responding to all communications in a timely fashion;
- Conducting in-person client meetings on Full Service cases to gather additional facts and information and set client expectations for the scope of work;
- Coordinating conflicts check and assignment of PVLA cases through pro bono and paid referrals to volunteer attorneys; and
- Issuing follow-up communications to PVLA clients and attorneys on assigned pro bono matters to track project status and value metrics.