Greetings PA Patent Volunteers!
Thank you for your continued dedication and support of Pennsylvania’s innovation economy through Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts’ PA Patent program.
Please see below for a list of available pro bono projects for inventors, and let us know whether you would be interested and available to take on one of these cases. If you are interested in taking on a pro bono assignment, please contact one of our Legal Service Coordinators at [email protected] to obtain further information If you have any questions about representing a pro bono PA Patent client, please do not hesitate to contact our Executive Director, Ryan Morris, at [email protected].
NOTE: attorneys should be sure to submit a volunteer application before signing on to take a pro bono case with PVLA.
Scope of Work
For all PA Patent cases, the scope of work will include the following:
- Consultation to review patentability of Client’s invention given the prior art cited, and counsel Client about the costs and benefits of filing a provisional or non-provisional patent application; and
- If applicable, representation of Client in filing a provisional or non-provisional patent application before the USPTO.
Attorneys are not expected to represent clients after a final determination has been rendered on their USPTO application, or for any work related to appealing a final determination.
- Project 26319: Client is a Philadelphia-based food delivery organization seeking to patent a vending machine system which enables consumers to complete transactions via text message.
- Project 26339: Client is an individual inventor seeking to patent a mechanical device used to rewrap cigars.
- Project 26449: Client is an inventor seeking to patent a headpiece that allows people to change their hairstyle by attaching or detaching different styles, colors or lengths of hair.
- Project 26517: Client is an inventor seeking to patent a motion-activated children’s toy mirror that offers users positive affirmations through pre-recorded quotes, songs and stories.
- Project 26687: Client is an inventor seeking a non-provisional patent on a multi-purpose kitchen countertop appliance, which features 10-15 different functions. Client has a number of manufacturers interested in producing and developing his invention.
- Project 26709: Client is a student inventor seeking to patent a lifelike 3D model of the human uterus to be used as a medical teaching device for surgeons practicing cesarean section operations.
- Project 26776: Client is an inventor seeking to patent a design for a magnetic athletic-wear hooded sweatshirt designed for individuals practicing various styles of yoga.
- Project 26780: Client is an individual inventor seeking a one-time consultation with an attorney to discuss the patentability of his idea for a new traffic light design.
- Project 26851: Client is an inventor seeking to continue prosecution of her non-provisional patent for a disposable cloth ear cleaner to be worn on the finger.
- Project 26856: Client is an inventor seeking a non-provisional patent for flavored glycerin mouth swabs used on hospital patients requiring tube feeding.
- Project 26865: Client is an inventor seeking to patent a mechanical invention for a pharmacy kiosk machine that automatically sorts client medication into weekly/monthly pill calendars and allows for disposal of empty pill bottles.
- Project 26885: Client is an inventor seeking to patent a design for a miniature insulated food container or thermos to be used for baby food.
- Project 26903: Client is an inventor seeking to patent a design for a bag insert that functions as a cupholder.
- Project 26906: Client is an inventor seeking to patent a design for furniture that features elements intended to hold various electronic devices such as cell phones and tablets.
- Project 26908: Client is an inventor seeking to patent a design for a magnetic arm strap originally developed for use by bartenders to hold metallic bottle/can openers while working.
- Project 26913: Client is an inventor seeking to patent a design for a sanitary handle cover used for shopping carts, door handles and other similar surfaces.
- Project 26949: Client is an inventor seeking to patent a modular AC Adapter for laptop charging cables that features additional ports or power outlets to charge other electronic devices, as well as a customizable casing and digital display for aesthetic purposes.
- Project 26955: Client is an individual inventor seeking to patent a design for an electric mixing wand attachment used to blend hair dye or other fluids.
- Project 26964: Client is a small startup company seeking a patentability review and consultation regarding their invention for a mobile health and wellness app for senior citizens living on their own.
- Project 27017: Client is an individual inventor seeking a patentability review and consultation regarding a design for a handheld image projector.
- Project 27018: Client is an individual inventor seeking assistance in continuing prosecution of her patent application for a consumer audio social media app.
Client seeks to revive her patent application and respond to anticipated Office Actions.
- Project 27024: Client is an individual inventor seeking assistance in patenting a new method of conducting lottery games.
- Project 27031: Client is an individual inventor seeking assistance in patenting her design for a journal notebook with built-in candle holder. Client has successfully devised a marketing and monetization scheme for her invention.
- Project 27049: Client is an individual inventor and owner of a home bakery seeking assistance in patenting a design for a berry stand/holder providing both functional and decorative elements for baking and other culinary arts.
- Project 27071: Client is an individual inventor seeking assistance in patenting a design for a fitness garment worn around the waist designed to increase calorie burn and weight loss in the stomach area during workouts.
- Project 27078: Client is an individual inventor seeking assistance in patenting a design for a device designed to relieve tension around the ears and face from wearing face masks.