PVLA gives our volunteer attorneys the option to provide pro bono legal services on either a consultation or representation basis, and provides additional opportunities for pro bono speaking engagements or paid client referral. See below for a breakdown of available project categories:
- Legal Line – A one-time hour-long pro bono meeting with a PVLA client (either in-person or over the phone) to provide counsel and answer questions on a particular legal issue or topic.
- ArtFax – A one-time hour-long pro bono meeting with a PVLA client (either in-person or over the phone) to review and discuss a short legal document up to three pages in length.
- Full Service – Pro bono representation of a PVLA client for a pre-defined scope of work, subject to all the requirements of an attorney-client relationship. Examples of Full Service projects include contract negotiation and drafting, IP registration, entity formation and litigation.
- Speaker’s Bureau – Pro bono speaking engagements with PVLA organizational clients to present on a given legal subject or topic to their members or constituents.
- Courtesy Attorney Referral – Paid referral to PVLA volunteer attorneys for clients who do not qualify for pro bono legal services (regular or reduced rates set by the volunteer or their firm).